Rick Perry made his debate debut [...] and it is clear that he is a proud graduate of the Sarah Palin school of debate. When Perry didn’t care for a question, he simply didn’t answer it. Gov. Perry had no answer for the fact that 25% of the citizens of his state have no health insurance. He couldn’t answer why his state had such a poor performance numbers. If you missed Rick Perry, you didn’t miss much…
WATCH this great compilation of the wackiest moments from ThinkProgress:
- No questions about gay rights, abortion, or influence of money in elections
- Rick Perry Happily Grabs the Anti-Science Brass Ring
The models could be wrong, he said, and he asserted that we shouldn’t make political decisions based on what could be flawed science. And even if a lot of scientists (actually, 97 percent of them, to be exact) agree that the science is settled, that’s not enough according to Perry. “Galileo got out-voted for a spell,” he said.
A full 20 percent of Rick Perry’s $100 million fundraising tally as governor has come from Perry appointees, and on everything from toll roads to nuclear waste dumps to private prisons to lawsuit reform, Perry’s policies have dovetailed neatly with the interests of his biggest donors.
- That makes him the most shallow person in the room – Despite glaring controversy, Perry says he’s ‘never struggled’ with risk of executing an innocent.
- What Rick Perry Wasn’t Asked About the Death Penalty
- Fact checking last night’s debate Is it warm in here?
Best Twitter responses to the GOP debate
Glad that Rick Perry got to exercise his Second Amendment right to shoot down his candidacy.
Nothing like hearing an angry mob of Christians cheer for the death penalty
I think Newt is just doing this to get out of the house and lash out at someone other than his wife
Where is Mitt Romney’s American flag lapel pin? Why doesn’t he love America? Oh, wait. He’s white…
Galileo just scratched out “You lie!” from his grave.
“Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme” — The GOP Front-runner Pass it on.
Perry is like Will Ferrell doing Bush, but on half speed
Tell Rick Perry if there was no Death Penalty Jesus might still be here
Glad I am not a fact checker
Rick Perry: We need boots on the ground, a fence, and drones to keep out science I dislike.
As devout Christian Michele Bachmann comes out against intervention in Libyan mass civilian slaughter.
Stupidity definitely won the debate tonight & horrid viciousness came in a close second.
Gingrich says he will fire the Fed chairman. Which the President can’t do.
Perry’s meltdown stupidity helps him. Huntsman’s sane intelligence hurts him. The modern Republican Party illustrated.
Rick Perry has learned that ‘Entitlement Reform’ sounds way better than ‘Have some more catfood, Nana.’
“What the Hell do ya mean ‘Old People Like Social Security.’ – Rick Perry, while firing aide
- Is our kids learnin’ in Wisconsin? Wisconsin K-12 funding cuts lead the nation
- Fear of a Republican Muslim (Florida special)
- The twisted state of Rick Perry’s Texas
And yes, he’s begging for federal support. The man who entertained secession and who hates big government interference in state matters wants federal help even though he slashed his state firefighting budget.
- Off the deep end - Maine GOP chair: Canadians could cross border to vote in our elections
- Sad and terrifying – The 9/11 Tapes: The Story in the Air
- Romney: “I don’t want to raise taxes on the American people, but…”
- Bigotry on parade - West Brings Back ‘Ground Zero Mosque’ Controversy
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals says no to Virginia’s challenge of the Affordable Care Act.
- $4 Gas: Brought to You by Wall Street
- But not if he’s black…. Sen. Cornyn on fellow Republicans skipping Obama’s jobs speech: “We owe it to the office of the presidency” to attend. Skipping it is another way of saying Obama is not the legitimate president and unworthy of respect. Or, as Rush put it, “putting him in his place.” Hmmm… where’s we heard that phrase used before?
- The job creating centerpiece of Rick Perry’s so-called Texas economic miracle was rigged
- For less than the annual cost of the Bush tax cuts, the fed government could hire 8 million Americans for public jobs
- The state with the second-highest level of food insecurity in the nation is…Rick Perry’s Texas
- Tim Geithner makes a powerful case against austerity
- Fox News’ Paranoid Alternate Universe
Two thirds of viewers who say Fox News is the news source they trust most believe discrimination against whites is as big a problem as discrimination against minority groups, according to a study released Tuesday